Last Updated on July 24, 2022 by Kevin Chen
MBR membrane technology is commonly seen in wastewater treatment. It is a new type of water treatment technology that combines membrane separation and biological treatment units. Currently, the most widely used application is mainly in urban sewage treatment. So what are the specific application areas of MBR Membrane?
What is the Function of MBR Membrane?
MBR membrane, also known as membrane bioreactor, is a new type of water treatment technology that combines a membrane separation unit with a biological treatment unit.MBR membrane can be used to replace secondary sedimentation tanks, which will maintain a high active sludge concentration in the bioreactor, reduce the footprint of the wastewater treatment plant, and maintain a low sludge load to minimize the amount of sludge. The MBR membrane has more features than traditional biochemical water treatment technology.
What are the applications of the MBR Membrane Bioreactor?
- MBR membrane can be used in high concentration, toxic, difficult to degrade industrial wastewater treatment, such as high concentration of organic wastewater is a relatively common source of pollution. Paper, sugar, alcohol, leather, and other industries will have a large number of high concentrations of organic wastewater excluded every year. Although this type of sewage can be treated by the conventional activated sludge method, the water quality of the effluent still does not meet the requirements. In terms of technical advantages, MBR can effectively treat sewage that is difficult to treat by conventional methods, and we can reuse the treated water.
- MBR membrane can cope with upgrading urban sewage treatment plants and can effectively solve the problem of land occupation.
- MBR membrane can be used in areas or places where there is a need for sewage reuse, which can give full play to the advantages of MBR membrane.
- It can be applied to Landfill leachate treatment and reuse.
- We can apply it to areas without drainage pipes network systems, such as small-scale residential areas, tourist areas, and scenic spots.
What are the features of the MBR Membrane?
- It can save the land resources of the secondary sedimentation tank.
- The MBR membrane system is controlled by PLC, which can realize automatic control.
- Using the MBR membrane can facilitate the retention of nitrifying bacteria, and it can improve the nitrification efficiency of the system. The MBR membrane bioreactor’s ammonia nitrogen removal and denitrification functions are superior to the traditional biological treatment process.
- The efficient interception effect of the MBR membrane can make microorganisms completely trapped inside the reactor, realize the complete separation of the hydraulic retention time of the reactor and the sludge retention time, and make the operation control more flexible and stable.
- It can effectively carry out solid-liquid separation, and the separation effect is much better than that of traditional sedimentation tanks. After treatment, the water quality of the effluent is good, and the suspended solids and turbidity contained in the effluent water quality are close to zero, which can be directly reused, realizing the utilization of sewage as a resource.
- During membrane separation, macromolecules in sewage are difficult to degrade. There is sufficient residence time in the bioreactor within a limited volume, which significantly improves the degradation efficiency of difficult-to-degrade organics. The MBR membrane bioreactor operation under high volume load, low sludge load, and long sludge age can effectively reduce sludge discharge.
The above is the information about the applications of MBR membrane bioreactor. If you still have related questions about the membrane bioreactor, please feel free to contact SPERTA.