Last Updated on July 29, 2022 by Kevin Chen
Flat sheet MBR membrane is a new technology which is used in the water treatment process. This technology is different from conventional methods because it uses a membrane to filter the water. This type of membrane is made out of a thin, flat sheet of material which is permeable to water and other small molecules but not to larger molecules or particles.
What are the features of the flat sheet MBR membrane?
- Flat sheet MBR membrane has high-quality treated water quality and will not have the same problem of suspended solids leakage as the sedimentation separation process. It can also remove some microorganisms such as Escherichia coli and Cryptosporidium.
- The MBR membrane module can perform biological reactions with high activated sludge concentrations with a compact wastewater treatment system.
- In the SPERTA flat sheet MBR membrane module, sewage containing more organic components can be decomposed in a short time or a smaller space. The reaction speed of the bioreactor is relatively slow, and it can not only degrade organic substances such as BOD in the application but also have the function of nitrification and nitrogen removal. In the MBR membrane process, there is no need to use a secondary sedimentation tank. Therefore, for the traditional activated sludge, the space for installing the MBR membrane module will be relatively small, which can be applied to the expansion and transformation of the existing equipment and reduce the floor space of the newly built equipment.
What Are The Precautions Of Using The Flat Sheet MBR Membrane?
- When the aeration volume drops or becomes extremely irregular or stops aeration, we need to stop the membrane filtration. Otherwise, the surface of the membrane will be fouling.
- It is forbidden to drink permeated water directly.
- Do not use excess clean water for commissioning, as water operation may cause all membranes be fouling
- Open the exhaust valve before adding clean water to the reaction tank, remove the air in the membrane element, and close the exhaust valve after the water is fed;
- It is not recommended to operate with surface water instead of clean water, as surface water with high levels of iron, manganese, calcium, and silicon may cause fouling of the membrane.
- When the treated water needs to be recycled, we should analyze the treated water quality according to the purpose of its use.
The above is information about the features of the flat sheet MBR membrane and some precautions when we use it. If you still have related questions about the membrane bioreactor, please feel free to contact SPERTA.
Shanghai SPERTA Environmental Technology Co., Ltd. has specialized in producing water treatment products for many years. The company has its own MBR membrane technology, a complete technical team, and pre-sales and after-sales service. If you have any needs, please feel free to contact us.