Last Updated on July 3, 2022 by Kevin Chen
MBR membranes can be divided into different types according to different classification methods.
- According to the pore size, it can be divided into ultrafiltration membrane and microfiltration membrane.
- According to the physical form, it can be divided into the hollow fiber, flat sheet, and tubular MBR membrane.
- According to the use state, it can be divided into submerged and external types. The submerged type is mainly hollow fiber MBR and flat sheet MBR, and the external type is mainly tubular MBR.
- According to the material used, it can be divided into PVDF membrane, PTFE membrane, and PE membrane.
- According to the different properties of the components, MBR membranes can be divided into inside-out and outside-in types. In practical applications, outside-in-type MBR membranes are used widely. Opposite, the inside-out-type MBR is easy to foul, resulting in a decrease in flux and a decrease in the treatment effect of the MBR membrane.
What are the Common Models of MBR Membrane?
SPERTA-I Series, SPERTA-II Series, SPERTA-500D, SPERTA Flat Sheet Series.
What are the Features of the MBR Membrane?
- It can efficiently carry out the solid-liquid separation. The separation effect of the MBR membrane is much higher than that of traditional sedimentation tanks, the effluent quality is better, and the effluent suspended solids and turbidity are low, which can be directly recycled.
- MBR membrane has a high-efficiency retention effect, which can retain microorganisms in the bioreactor so that the hydraulic retention time of the reactor and the sludge age is completely separated, and the operation is flexible and stable.
- MBR technology makes the sludge age in the system longer, significantly improving the degradation efficiency of refractory organic matter.
- The MBR technology combines the aeration tank and secondary sedimentation tank of the traditional sewage treatment process into one, replacing the tertiary treatment process facilities. It reduces the floor space of the equipment and saves the investment in land construction.
- MBR technology utilizes the retention and reproduction of nitrifying bacteria, and the nitrification efficiency of the system is high. Changing the operation mode can have the functions of deamination and phosphorus removal.
- After the reactor is operated under high volume load, low sludge load, and long sludge age, the remaining sludge yield is low and reduces the sludge discharge.
- The system is controlled by PLC, which is easy to operate and manage.
The above is the information about the common types of the MBR membrane. The selection of the types and models of MBR membranes for different kinds of wastewater treatment may not be the same. It needs to be selected according to the actual situation. If you still have related questions about the membrane bioreactor, please feel free to contact SPERTA.