Last Updated on January 2, 2023 by Kevin Chen
Once the MBR membrane is polluted, the membrane pores will be clogged, and the flux will drop. Therefore, we must clean the MBR membrane module to restore the membrane flux and extend its life span. The following is a detailed explanation of how to clean the MBR membrane.
1. Air diffuser cleaning: Air diffuser cleaning is a physical cleaning method that enhances water circulation. It can remove the sludge layer deposited on the surface of the membrane.
2. Backwash cleaning: Backwash cleaning refers to the backwashing pressure applied at the outlet of the membrane so that the treated water or the mixture of treated water and air is flushed through the membrane. Backwash has high requirements for membrane performance. In order to avoid membrane damage, backwashing should be carried out under low pressure.
3. Online cleaning: MBR membrane online cleaning method is a better way to clean the membrane. There is no need to remove the membrane module. Just clean it directly with chemicals.
4. Offline cleaning: When online cleaning can not completely remove the MBR membrane fouling, we can directly use offline cleaning. We need to remove the membrane module from the tank, put it into a clean container, rinse it with high-pressure water, and soak it with alkaline washing solution for more than 5 hours to clean the MBR membrane effectively. Of course, if the MBR membrane is very seriously polluted, we don’t need to do online cleaning, we just take it out and clean it directly.
5. Offline chemical cleaning:
Step 1: Take out the MBR membrane of the tank and rinse its surface sludge with tap water so there is no apparent hanging sludge on the membrane surface.
Step 2: Put the required amount of water into the MBR membrane chemical immersion tank and mix the solution with the required chemical concentration according to the actual water volume. (The added chemicals must be evenly dissolved in the water of the cleaning tank, and the solution should be properly stirred to make the solution even.)
Step 3: Mix the rinsed MBR membranes with the dosing and cleaning solution and put them into the cleaning tank. They should be placed orderly to ensure that all membrane fibers are immersed in the solution.
Step 4: Soak the MBR membrane. The soaking time is usually 2-12 hours.
Step 5: After soaking, remove the MBR membrane and rinse the membrane with tap water to avoid residual chemicals from affecting the activated sludge in the tank. Then install it back into the membrane frame.
The above is the detailed answer to MBR membrane cleaning. Cleaning requires certain technical requirements. It is recommended to consult relevant professionals. If you still have related questions about the membrane bioreactor, please feel free to contact SPERTA.
Shanghai SPERTA Environmental Technology Co., Ltd. has specialized in producing water treatment products for many years. The company has the core technology of producing MBR membrane components and has a high production capacity, aiming to build a high-quality brand of MBR production and sales all over the world. If you have any needs, please feel free to contact us.