SPERTA MBR membrane is a hollow fiber structure membrane developed by Shanghai SPERTA Environmental Technology Co., Ltd. using PVDF as the basic membrane material. It is widely used in the municipal sewage treatment process. Fouling is a common phenomenon when using MBR membranes. The following article will share how to avoid MBR membrane fouling by colloid and particle.
The common methods to Avoid Fouling
- Set the membrane grid: a pre-filter unit that must be set to protect the membrane system.
The grid should be perforated screens, and the aperture should be less than 2mm.
- Use flocculant: Add flocculant to the raw water that enters the MBR membrane, and the flocculant can coagulate the colloidal substances in the water to form large particles and then settle down.
- Add acid: add an appropriate amount of acidic solvent to dissolve insoluble metal salt ions and other substances in the water to prevent salt ions from forming scale on the surface of the MBR membrane.
- Add disinfectant: Add an appropriate amount of disinfectant (such as hydrogen peroxide, etc.) to the raw water to carry out preliminary disinfection work on bacteria, viruses, and other microorganisms in the water to prevent the organisms from multiplying on the surface of the MBR membrane and causing fouling.
Clean the MBR membrane Regularly
The MBR membrane should be cleaned after operating for a period of time. Effective cleaning can prevent fouling caused by colloid, salt scaling, microorganisms, and other substances and can also eliminate the possibility of damage to the membrane elements caused by large particles. The following are cleaning methods and recommended frequency.
- Backwash: Use filtered clean water to backwash the MBR membrane. It is recommended to do it once a day.
- Chemical cleaning: Use chemical reagents such as detergents to add backwash water for chemical cleaning once a month.
- Offline chemical cleaning: disassemble the MBR membrane element, and immerse it in a chemical cleaning solution for a certain period. It is recommended to do it once every six months.
The above are the methods of how to avoid MBR membrane fouling. If you have any other related questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch with SPERTA.
Shanghai SPERTA Environmental Technology Co., Ltd. has specialized in producing water treatment products for many years. The company has its own MBR membrane technology, a complete technical team, and pre-sales and after-sales service. If you have any needs, please feel free to contact us.